6/25/2010

Weighted Pincushion Organizer

by Elizabeth Hartman @Oh, Fransson! 
Fabrics: "Inkwell" by Judie Rothermel 
@Marcus Fabrics

Ta-Dah!!!

I always wanted to make one of these
as my travel companion 
for the quilty meeting and such.

I added a little extras here and there 
to make my own version as usual.

I also used the crushed walnut shells
instead of the uncooked rice for the filling
of the pincushion.

Although the pattern is very well written
with a lot of good close-up pictures,
after finish making this very first one,
I'm tempted to make another one
with some more of the minor modifications 
and additional personal touch!

One of the things I would like to add 
onto my next one is the iron fusible interfacing
to the body of the scrap bag.

The scrap bag part is detachable.
It looks like very convenient to take along with.

Here is a blue one has been sitting
 by my sewing machine
since I've started quilting!
I purchased that one 
at one of the local quilt shops years ago
and really like it a lot.
But it is a little heavier with the sand 
filled in the pincushion,
and no tool organizer part of it,
I have't taken to anywhere
 outside of my sewing room.

I'm all excited now as I can take this new accessory
to SSQSG meeting on this weekend :)))

You all have a wonderful weekend!


-- Posted from my iPhone

6 comments:

  1. That's a fabulous-looking pincushion with accessories!! I love the fabrics you chose for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sewing-bag turned out fabulous,Merumo, and I think it must be really useful when you are quilting .
    You made a great job on it :-))
    Wishing you a nice week-end ,
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this very clever accessory!! And it's perfectly stitched! Congratulations!! I've read about the crushed walnuts for filling but I've never found that in France. If you could take a photo of it, I'd like to see what it looks like so I can try to find a substitute... Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. メルモさんありがとう~♪
    以前どなたかのブログで拝見して
    作り方を知りたかったのです!!!
    時間が許すなら、すぐに作り始めたいくらいの
    便利お役立ちグッズですね。
    私も、多分自分で使いやすいよう
    少々改良すると思います。
    この重さは一体何で??
    と、思っていたのですが
    お米を入れるとはびっくりでした。
    お米ならたくさんあります(笑)
    またまたメルモさんっぽいお色で♪♪♪

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ms. T.! It's Gorgeous! Great work once again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.