8/29/2010

SSQSG- July





I know, I know,
I'm a month behind of this post :O

It was our July Small Scale Quilt Study Group
- AKA, SSQSG in late last month.
As half of us were out of town,
it was just five of us for this meeting.

The above is Pauline's beautifully finished
medallion quilt.
Her machine quilting is farbulous!!

I'm not sure what is called for this technique.
It was made by her daughter Kristine.
Very cute, isn't it?

Pauline is also a cross stitcher.
I could not believe her Halloween stitch
was all done in July.
I haven't done any for Halloween this year...

We can tell how busy she was last month
with all the projects she has shown us.
And we got to see almost done version
of this one on our August meeting
on last Sunday :)
This signature quilt was made for
Dee and Whitney who are the owner of the Shoppe.

Our group members Lin and Cheryl made
these (One each for Dee and Whitney.) quilts
for two year anniversary with
the signed blocks by their customers,
teachers and favorite local designers.
How wonderful!!

And the above are Kristine's doll quilt tops.
She is a brown girl.
I really liked her bowtie quilt
with all her favorite browns!

Can you tell my bowtie quilt
 is also made from the same pattern
as hers?

The above is my version with
all the brights from Jo Morton's line.
It was my challenge quilt for this summer
to try to get out from my comfort zone.
But  my eyes really hurt by just looking at it!!
Ouch!

I'm planning to dye this one to give it
an antique look once gets quilted.

Ok, back to Kristine's WIPs.
Can you see how itty bitty they are?

She's also started the wooly project last month.
and just started another one last night ;)
Shhhhhh

And someone's secret purchases from TQC :O
She sounded excited about her visit TQC
 in mid next month.

I thought I had a lot more pictures taken,
but I guess not.
I may have missed whole bunch of goodies
made by other ladies,
but stay tuned, as I'm getting ready to make
another post right after this one
with more pictures ;)

 

-- Posted from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for catching me up on what I missed! I'll be posting a picture of my flowerpot quilt from KT soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic show and tell. They look like a great group of inspiring women to sew with. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.